10 Secrets to Memorizing Horse-Show Patterns

[复制链接]
阿尔萨兰 发表于 2016-1-10 18:44:59 [显示全部楼层] 回帖奖励 倒序浏览 阅读模式 0 1142

马上注册,结交更多马友,享用更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Everyone learns differently. For some exhibitors, visualizing a horse-show pattern is enough, while other competitors feel more comfortable performing the pattern horseback at least once before they perform it in the show pen.
Sing!
Make up a song that rhymes to the words that you actually have to do. – @acolehorses
Draw It
Use a dry-erase marker and whiteboard to draw the pattern from memory. – @taylorannwash
Visualization
Picture yourself running through the pattern on your horse. – @emalee_glover
(The pattern is the) last thing I see at night and sometimes it just comes to me. – @lopin.qh.dreams
Visualize every step. – @_briannahogg96
Practice on Foot
Before my class, I lay out a bunch of bottles – fly spray, hoof polish, etc. – all about two feet apart, then walk, trot, canter, back, etc. through my pattern. – @leximccolloughhh
Do the pattern on foot in the stall aisle! Actually canter, trot, do lead changes, side pass, sliding stops, etc on foot. We even use little boards or step stools as bridges for trail patterns and pencils, pens or rulers for poles. –@laurenhorses8
I like to take a copy and tell my horse the pattern! Lol! After I'm done telling him, I do it in the aisle or stall with my "trot" and "canter" steps. – @dreams518
I do the pattern on foot a couple of times ... but never with my horse. I do the elements with my horse (pivot, flying change, etc.) but I never over-practice or practice the whole thing with my horse. A fresh, attentive horse is better than one who is tired and bored and thinks he knows best. Usually, I can memorize my pattern about 30 minutes or less before the class and I'm good to go. If it's fresh in my mind, I’m less likely to mess up or forget. –@dieselxdarlin
And One From a Pro

h4v6sY
微博:http://weibo.com/wanggiyan/
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

马术网微信服务号
微信服务号
马术网微信订阅号
微信订阅号
意见
反馈